Thursday, July 12, 2007

Order of the Phoenix

Saw the latest Harry Potter movie tonight. Not much really to say about it except that it's the best one yet. Daniel Radcliffe is really coming into his own as an actor. I don't think the movie version of Deathly Hallows will be the last we see of him.

They had to cut a lot from the book to get the movie to the "right" size. And I wonder (worry, even?) about some of the choices they made. Is JK Rowling in on the screenwriting? It seems too easy for the screenwriters to cut some little thing that could turn out to be more important than originally thought two or three novels later. For instance, they never mentioned that Trelawney was the one who had the prophecy.

But I don't want to give any spoilers...

Anyway, I'm still iffy on the girl they got to play Luna Lovegood. She certainly had that unshakeable (or oblivious) self-confidence and lack of fear that makes Luna such a outcast character, but the actress, Evanna Lynch, might have overdone the "space case" mannerisms a bit too much. I got the idea that Luna was always on a heavy sedative.

But, still, I'm ready to see the movie again.

No comments: