Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Coach 4ndyman

Somehow I managed to get myself enlisted as a soccer coach for my younger son's soccer team. I was shooting for assitant coach of my older son's team, but I think I'll be able to cope.

Well, at least after the weather starts to cooperate. We've had 8 straight days exceed 90 degrees . . . the temperature, not the right angle. I hate to go out in this weather, and I don't really want a bunch of under-sixers dehydrating and having heat strokes under my watch. Also, I hate to sweat.

I guess this is another sign that I'm getting old. I used to think (particularly after seeing a particular Twilight Zone episode) that I would prefer that the earth get sucked into the sun than be thrown out into the cold reaches of space. I could always cope better with hot summers than with cold winters. Maybe I've gotten too accustomed to air conditioning, but I just despise the heat now, and the cold doesn't seem to bother me so much.

Anyway, here's hoping for a freak August snow storm . . .

No comments: