Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nerdgasm: Spore Expansion Pack!!!

I just learned today that a Spore expansion pack hits shelves TODAY! According to the Spore Web site:

Get out of your starship and turn your Spore creatures into legendary Space Captains. For the first time, beam down with your allies to take on action-packed, planetside adventures. Complete quests, collect rewards, and even create and share your own missions!

They also offer some "free" adventures from the creators of Robot Chicken. In this case, "free" means you have to have a valid EA account. Don't know if it's worth it. But the expansion pack definitely is!

The Spore folks know what they're doing: Make a great game, and then keep making it greater.

(You know, I still haven't taken on the Grox and defeated the original version of this game, even though I've spawned species on no fewer than ten planets. Maybe I ought to concentrate on that before dropping the dime on this expansion pack. And then there's the issue of whether to start buying expansion packs for Civilization IV — something that was on my Father's Day wish list. [But I'm not complaining about the Wii Fit! {How deep can I allow my parenthetical statements to go? (I mean, really?!)}] Speaking of the Wii, I can only hope that we'll eventually see a Wii version of Spore that'll let me access my regular online Spore account without paying through the nose. Would I ever leave the house again?)

No comments: