Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Pharmaceutical Happiness

I finally went to a doctor today, after having a total of four anxiety attacks. He put me on Zoloft, which sounds like it could be an alien planet in a Kurt Vonnegut novel. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end of this.

On top of that, I'm making an effort to relieve some stress in my life, mostly by throwing old eggs at my neighbors' cars and making crank calls to the Office of Homeland Security. I plan on starting a regular exercise regimen soon (The best laid plans of mice and men . . . but we'll see.) because exercise is supposed to be a good stress-reliever and because I need to lose weight, and sitting in front of a computer all day doesn't burn off the calories the way you might think. I just generally need to be a healthier person.

Baby steps. . .

No comments: