Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Almost a Job

I don't remember now how much I've posted here about my bid for a new position within the company, but at any rate, it looks like we're getting down to the end of it.

This afternoon, I got an e-mail from my potential future boss, asking if I could stop by for 10 or 15 minutes. It actually sounded like bad news because I figured that it would take only 10 or 15 minutes to tell me that I didn't get the job, but it would take longer than that to offer me the position. Still, I couldn't help but be excited, and I really had to restrain myself from running over there.

But I was neither offered the job nor denied it. She had a couple of follow-up questions for me. At this point, as she put it, the personality of the candidate and how said candidate will fit into the group are more important than any particular skill set. She wanted to ask me a couple questions that were specifically about group dynamics. I think I gave the right answers; at any rate, I gave honest ones.

But the most exciting part was at the beginning, when she told me that I was at the top of the list of candidates for the position. I've been on cloud 9 ever since...

No comments: