Friday, February 13, 2009

Drew Peterson: Homicidal Don Juan or Lucky Bastard?

Drew Peterson's third wife was murdered, and Drew himself is a suspect. Then his fourth wife went missing, and again he is a suspect. And now, this 55-year-old is engaged to a 24-year-old woman.

I've had one date in, well, let's just say since Drew's wife went missing. I only have one past wife, and she's still alive and well. I'm not a suspect in any police investigations (or, if I am, I've never been alerted to the fact). How does Drew manage to find a woman 31 years his junior and get engaged? It just doesn't seem fair.

Having watched their interview on The Today Show, perhaps I shouldn't be too upset. This particular young lady doesn't seem like the sharpest needle in the haystack. Perhaps I just have higher standards than Mr. Peterson. (I know, I know -- whatever let's me sleep at night.)

One of the oddest things things that came out of the interview was that, between the two of them, they have eight children, with one grandchild on the way. That means that this young lady will be a grandmother (step-grandmother?) at 25. That's just wrong.

Good luck to her. I hope she doesn't get murdered. I hope she comes to her senses before the wedding and finds a nice younger guy who's maybe only ten or twenty years older than she is.

No comments: